Recruitment of CoolThink@JC Ambassadors 2017/18
CoolThink@JC is The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust’s pioneering computational thinking initiative for the upper primary students in Hong Kong. Developed in partnership with The Education University of Hong Kong, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and City University of Hong Kong, CoolThink@JC aims to make computational thinking fun and instinctive, and give students a valuable power for the digital future.
Act as an ambassador to the Programme and provide co-teaching support in IT lessons and parent workshops in primary schools:
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to reinforce learning process;
- Motivate and encourage students to interact with others and engage in-class activities;
- Support teacher during classes, be aware of student progress and achievements.
Applicants are expected to be:
- Full-time students in higher education institutions
- Passionate about teaching and working with children
- Enthusiastic about serving our community
- Sincere about sharing and a patient listener
- Trustworthy, cheerful, confident and self-motivated
- Fluent in Cantonese and/or English
The ambassadors with satisfactory performance throughout the semester may get:
- “Service Award” certificate
- Cash vouchers
- Sponsored short trip to explore CT and coding education outside HK
- Promotion to a senior Ambassador in the following semester
- Corporate Internship opportunities
Maximum Weekly Working Hours
Each Ambassador can work up to 17 hours per week.
May – Jun 2017 Interview
May – Jul 2017 Training & Teaching Practice
Sept 2017 – May 2018 Service Period
Please submit your application HERE
Deadline: 12 Jun 2017
If you need more information, please contact City University of Hong Kong.
“Recruitment of CoolThink@JC Ambassadors” is organised by City University of Hong Kong